Thursday night, my bestie cuz (that’s best friend and cousin combined), cooked up a yummy twist on a traditional Mexican dish! Now, I found this idea on Pinterest and they called in Mini Mexican Pizzas, but to me a pizza is flat. So, how this is a pizza is beyond me. Therefore, I am naming my version a Mini Mexican Taco! Enjoy, it was super yummy and easy to make!
Ingredients – (Makes 12 Mini Mexican Tacos)
6 regular size flour tortillas (or wheat)
1 pound hamburger meat
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
1 head of lettuce
1 pack of shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425.
1. Take regular size tortillas and cut them into smaller round circles. You are aiming for them to fit nicely in a regular muffin pan. If you have a cookie cutter, great, but if you don’t then get creative like I did. I used the lid of a salsa jar and simply traced around it with a butter knife. Easier than it looks! Make 12 of these mini tortillas.
2. Spray your muffin pan with non-stick spray and tuck the mini tortillas inside. You could obviously go bigger as my tortillas didn’t reach the top but in the end you will see that this size worked out just fine.
2. Cook a pound of hamburger meat and add in taco seasoning.
3. At the same time you are cooking the meat, go ahead and cook your refried beans. Now, maybe you know how to make the fancy homemade version and if you do, go for it! I, however, have no idea and bought a can. So, I heated up my refried beans in the microwave.
8. Top your Mini Mexican Tacos with whatever you would like! We topped ours with lettuce and tomatoes, but you can also use sour cream, olives, salsa, etc. Also, worried about all that leftover tortilla? Just serve it with the meal… everyone loves tortillas, right?
I know y’all love my fancy paper plates, right?!
Wondering why I left the bottom row of my muffin pan empty? It’s because I don’t eat red meat, so while my two lovely carnivores chowed down on a cow, I made myself a vegetarian version. 🙂 Recipe coming soon!