You thought I was going to say My Best Friend’s Wedding, didn’t you? Nope, not yet anyway! Speaking of that movie, I watched it a few days ago and I don’t care what anyone says, I like Julia Roberts.
Back on topic… today my best friend had a housewarming party and I was unable to attend. So instead, we made her this pretty cute YouTube Video to show her how much we were thinking of her.
Of course my gift idea was inspired by Pinterest, and the original pin can be found HERE.
I purchased all of the kitchen gadgets at Bed, Bath and Beyond where she was registered. The flower and cookie cutter came from Michaels Arts & Crafts. And don’t you worry… I got the best deal I could. Tip – Break up your purchases at BB&B so you can use multiple coupons (I saved $15 this way) and buy on sale if possible!
It’s easier than you think to assemble.
1. Wrap a kitchen towel around the center of the pan and secure in the back with paper clips.
2. Stuff tissue paper in the middle until you reach your desired height. (You will probably adjust this several times.)
3. Add two washcloths to the front center, sticking out of the towel.
4. Take another kitchen towel and fold up three times long ways and then once in half. Tie with a ribbon a few inches from the top. Stick it behind the two washcloths and let it spread out.
5. Add utensils to the middle: I used wooden spoons and measuring spoons but whatever utensils are on their list will work.
6. Stick a few small items in the front between the towel and washcloths. I used a cookie cutter and cute mini love whisk.
7. Add a big flower, ribbon or monogram letters to personalize it and make it pretty.
8. Adjust everything and play around with it until you have it just right (or as close as it will get).
Congrats on your new house Bestie! 🙂